Sunday, February 3, 2019

Carrying Extra Weight 2.0



How did I gain 10lbs since my last post!? Easy. I'm pregnant! Baby whale 2.0 is growing and will arrive in late July, same as Little P. At least I'm consistent (about something). We're so excited and have been eager to tell people, but wanted to wait until a few doctor appointments. We also had a lot going on during the holidays this year that a big announcement honestly felt exhausting.

How am I feeling? Pretty good. All of my symptoms have been exactly the same as last time around (I can't believe that was 3 years ago already). Very tired, nausea, and headaches. But it feels more manageable because I've done it before. I'm hoping the same light at the end of the tunnel as I turn into the second trimester. 

I'm currently 15 weeks and 160lbs. I'm still going to CrossFit and doing short runs regularly, though starting to scale appropriately (mostly when I'm not feeling great). My goal is keep at 4x weekly workouts (hopefully more as I start to feel better and the weather gets warm again).

I'd also like to do one race per trimester. I already have my first trimester race under my belt from late November. And ones planned for April and June already.

I would like to say I don't want to gain any more weight than my first pregnancy, but I'm not sure if that's realistic (or if it matters). I'm growing a lot faster this time around (mostly visibly, like a weight shift vs. actual numbers). And clothes already don't fit.

I'm very eager for the winter to be over so I can get outside again!


January 3 @10 weeks
January 31 @14 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment